Overall Job Objective
- Are you a dynamic, organized, and detail-oriented professional seeking a pivotal role in municipal administration? The City Manager's Office is currently seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of Executive Assistant. As the Executive Assistant, you will be the right-hand person to the City Manager, providing critical support to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our city's administration.About Us:The City Manager's Office serves as the nerve center of our municipal operations, overseeing various departments and initiatives to ensure the delivery of high-quality services to our residents. We are committed to excellence, innovation, and inclusivity in all aspects of our work.Why Join Us:This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team dedicated to making a positive impact on our community. As the Executive Assistant in the City Manager's Office, you will have the opportunity to work closely with city leadership, gain valuable experience in municipal administration, and contribute to the continued success of our city.If you are a motivated self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply for this position and become an integral part of our team.
The Executive Assistant provides professional administrative support to the City Manager’s Office, which includes the City Manager, Assistant City Manager, Community Relations Administrator, HR Director, IT Director, and City Clerk. The Executive Assistant: directs telephone calls and email inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling; prepares presentations, correspondence, memoranda, and other documents; processes contracts; processes requests to purchase and purchasing card reconciliations; orders supplies; assists in preparing and monitoring the department budget; works with the Community Relations Administrator to update the website and provide public notifications; maintains calendars, sets appointments, and schedules meetings; makes travel arrangements; researches and compiles data; recommends office efficiencies and improvements; may handle confidential information; and represents the City Manager and department through daily interactions with citizens, elected officials, and staff.
Note: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position.
- Responds to telephone calls and emails and directs inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations, correspondence, memoranda, and other documents.
- Processes contracts and other documents requiring the City Manager’s signature.
- Processes department requests to purchase and purchasing card reconciliations.
- Orders office and meeting supplies, including food and beverages.
- Assists in preparing and monitoring the department budget.
- Works with the Community Relations Administrator to maintain the City website.
- Serves as backup to the Community Relations Administrator for public notifications.
- Maintains and updates calendars through Microsoft Outlook.
- Schedules meetings and sets up meeting rooms and amenities as appropriate.
- Makes travel arrangements and prepares required paperwork.
- Researches and compiles data.
- Recommends and implements office efficiencies and improvements.
- Assists with special projects and events.
- Provides general office support to include printing, copying, assembling, filing, and delivery of department mail.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond to inquiries and address concerns promptly, with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Highly-skilled at using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneDrive.
- Ability to quickly master a variety of software platforms, including Incode, CivicPlus, and iCompass.
- Ability to monitor spending and manage a budget.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to advance and complete projects timely and well, with little oversight.
- Ability and desire to identify and implement process improvements.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative setting, or an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative setting.
- Any combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the level of required knowledge and abilities will be considered.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneDrive.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Valid driver’s license.
- Appointment conditional upon successful completion of the following pre-employment checks:
- Excellent communicator.
- Adept at learning new software.
- Experience managing an office budget.
- Service-oriented, self-motivated, problem-solver, confident, energetic, team player who enjoys people, challenges, and laughter.