PT Senior Camp Counselor
Overall Job Objective
- Job Description
- Work with your other Camp Counselors to ensure campers are supervised at all times. This includes group management and organization during lunchtime, camp arrival, camp dismissal and off campus field trips.
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Identify and report camper concerns or disciplinary issues to your group leader in a timely fashion.
- Assist with all records of daily attendance.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in all activities. Engage in Specialist activities providing assistance and support in activities such as swimming lessons, arts & crafts, sports instruction, fitness and outdoor programming.
- Plan fun and safe activities appropriate for the assigned camper age group.
- Assist your Group Leader and other Camp Counselors by being prepared with a variety of activities for rainy days, last minute schedule adjustments and down times.
- Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision including recognition of personal health needs.
- Take primary responsibility for ensuring safety policies are followed at all times.
- Ensure that program areas are kept free of hazards and debris.
- Report hazards or noticeable facility damage to the Camp Coordinators and the Bellaire Parks & Recreation staff immediately.
- Attend all mandatory camp staff meetings and training events.
- Check all Parent Communication Sheets daily and report concerns to your Group Leader and Camp Coordinators. Provide parents appropriate feedback and information about their campers utilizing Parent Communication Sheets as needed.
- Seek and analyze feedback from youth, families, and staff regarding the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program and staff.
- Perform other duties as requested or required, whether or not specifically mentioned in this job description.
- Examples of Duties
See above description.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be CPR/AED & First Aid Certified or have the ability to become certified before June 3, 2019
- We do provide training if needed
- Supplemental Information
- Prefer at least one year experience working with children.
Pay: up to $9.50/hour
$9.5 - $
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 1048205